- 4-6 cups Spring salad mix
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar roasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, strawberry preserves, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, strawberries, craisins. Drizzle salad dressing over the salad, and toss gently to combine. Serve topped with pecans.
Sugar Coated Pecans:
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, beat egg white & water until foamy. Add pecans and toss until well coated. Combine sugars and cinnamon; toss pecans to coat. Spread in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until browned, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool on waxed paper.